Dubai, the second largest of the seven emirates and probably the most well known, is ruled by the Al Maktoum family. Occupying an area of approximately 3,900km, which includes a small enclave called Hatta , located near Oman, among the Hajar Mountains. Dubai is situated along the creek, natural harbor , which traditionally provided the basis of the trading industry .Pearling and fishing were the main source of income of the people of the city. Under the wise leadership of its rulers, Dubai focus on trade and industry transformed it into the leading trading port along the southern Gulf.
Must Watch in Dubai
If you have a stopover in Dubai, or if you travel to the city, you should definitely see:
- The Burj Khalifa Tower, the highest tower in the tower.
- Burj Dubai, the most luxurious hotel in the world
- The old Dubai, with its gold souk and spices souk
- Palm Jumeria and Atlantis
- Ski Dubai, the indoor ski slope of the UAE
- The shopping centers: The Mall of the Emirates and Dubai Mall..
- Global Village
- Dubai Shopping Festival
- Dubai World Cup Carnival
- Arabian Travel Market
- Dubai World Cup
Dubai roads are extremely busy like any major metropolitan area in the US.
The entire Dubai transport system is regulated by Roads and Transport Authority (RTA).
- Dubai Metro
- Taxi Cabs in Dubai
- Buses in Dubai
- Rent a Car